7/07/2013

How to Make An Application Letter Correctly

Social Function : for Applying a job
Stages : 1. Opening
            2. Body
            3. Closing
  1. Opening
    It Should inform the Position which is applied and the source of the vacancy information.
  •  In response to your advertisement in today's The Hindustan Times, I am applying for the position of a secretary.
  • I was pleased to see your advertisement for a Medical Representative in today's the times and would like to be considered for the position.
  • I was interested to see your advertisement i yesterday's The Jakarta Post and would like to be considered for the position of secretary.
  • Please allow me to apply for the position of shorthand typhist which you have advertised in the Surabaya Post, April 14th.
    2.  Body
         Tell about your education (a resume of your education), your strength, your work experience, the amount of the salary you want if it is necessary.

 EDUCATION
  • In 2007, I graduated from UNNES and specialized in Accounting.
  • I was graduated from the Holy Ghost College, Manila, in November 2007. Here, I completed the four years completed commercial course.
  • I am male and 23 years of age. I am still single. I graduated from Semarang State university this year with GPA 3,02 (scale 0 to 4)
STRENGTH
  • I have a good knowledge of accounting and i am of course, experienced in all types of secretarial works and during my spare time, i have taken a short computer course in order to support my job to be efficient.
  • I'm sure i can rapidly adapt myself to the adapt myself to the routine of your office.
  • I have just completed a six month course and enclose the certificate which i obtained. As you will see I have a speed of 120 word in short hand and 60 in typing.
  • Being energetic and dynamic, i can get on very well with other people. Operating a computer isn't something new for me especially for windows, Autocad, and Mechanical Desktop.
  • I'm 27 years old, of good appearance and personality.
 SALARY
  • Although it is difficult for me to say what compensation i should deserve, I should consider 100 $ - 200 $ a month a fair initial salary.
  • As much as should like to join your organization, it would not be advisable for me to change my position for less than 150 $ a month which is the regional minimum salary in Semarang. 
  • I hesitate to state a definite salary, but as long as you have requested me to, I should consider 100$ a month salary.
     3. Closing
  • I believe i would be a creative and energetic asset for your company. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon and i can be contacted at 0832591.
  • I shall be glad to provide any further you may need and i hope i would be given an early opportunity for an interview.
  • I also enclose all the requirements you asked and i would be available for an interview at any time. I feel confident that you will not be disappointed if you decide to employ me. Thank you for your attention and i am looking forward to hearing from you soon.
  • I my application has indicated my ability to fill the position to your satisfaction i shall appreciate your letting me know when I may call so that you can judge my personal qualifications.

How to Make An Application Letter Correctly


Source : Business English Book for Economic Student - Tusyanah, Wijang Sakitri, Sri Utami, Widiyanto - Faculty of Economics Semarang State Universtiy



No comments:

Post a Comment